Concrete Superintendent Job at Dragados Canada Inc. – Woodbridge, ON
- Contribute to the development of a construction plan and means and methods for each activity.
- Supervise the execution of concrete track slab installation and coordinate trackwork construction schedule in conjunction with the station/stops/civils/guideway schedules.
- Ensure the work is performed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Provide training, instruction and supervision on embedded track, embedded special trackwork construction and median works.
- Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance of employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed, and project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Analyze and review project technical documents as delivered by engineering firms to ensure that terms of reference are respected and that proposed technical solutions are competitive.
- Assure construction compliance with design requirements.
- Provide technical direction to work crews as needed.
- Ensure project materials and workmanship meet the project Quality Standards.
- Ensure work is performed to applicable quality assurance/quality control standards and according to drawings and specifications.
- Assure compliance with the project construction schedule budgets and assume responsibility for the commissioning of project systems.
- Promote and monitor compliance with the project safety program and environmental protection requirements in co-operation with the Health & Safety and Environmental Coordinators.
- Complete daily reports and weekly reports showing progresses made and resources used and take any proper actions to ensure we meet our targets.
- Monitor costs and ensure that established budgets are fully abided for the project.
- Monitor different activities schedules and coordinate sub-contractors’ work and suppliers’ deliveries and equipment needs, taking appropriate action as necessary.
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts.
- Participate in meetings with client, subcontracted engineering firms, suppliers, operators and the project owner.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by superiors or as required for successful project completion.
- Provide leadership and ensure proper implementation of Health and Safety and risk prevention programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: *
- Ten (10) years of urban concrete work with tight tolerances required.
- Five (5) urban transit system trackwork construction experience is a definite asset.
- Must have in depth knowledge of concrete construction
- Ten (10) years of demonstrated experience applying knowledge of basic project controls, material management, contract management, subcontract management.
- A construction engineering related degree/diploma and a minimum of 10 years heavy civil construction experience is recommended.
- Ability to allocate and direct daily labour and equipment activities.
- Track record of successfully executing projects on schedule and within budget.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Prolonged sedentary positioning
- Walking, lifting, equipment operation, etc.
- Ability to use stairs, ladders and climb over rough terrain.
Dragados is an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted._
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Dragados Canada Inc. –
Company Location: Woodbridge, ON