Construction Manager Job at Visionworks – 3.3 San Antonio, TX
Want to bring the “care” back to the vision care industry? We’re looking for charismatic types who are ready to be the heart of our brand. Whether it’s a friendly voice over the phone, or a welcoming smile when a patient walks into your store, we need individuals who are passionate about helping customers look great and see great.
We’re looking for a new Manager, Construction to support here! This person will support and deliver new and relocated stores, remodels and other special projects assigned in compliance with current standards of time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction.to help grow our business!
- Participate in all team meetings providing updates on own activities; assist the team in coordinating activities.
- Participate in all departmental/other organizational meetings to coordinate with others and stay abreast of results.
- Always be prepared to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with internal and external team members.
- Be fully familiar with the design/construction standards; review/reline all projects plans to ensure conformance.
- Provide a constructability review during the design phase of each project to identify obstacles before construction begins to reduce or prevent errors, delays and cost overruns. Offer cost saving alternatives.
- Study site surveys and lease exhibits; ensure detailed scopes of work are included in all plans and GC contracts.
- Deliver stores in accordance with the agreed upon schedules for start, finish and other “tracker” milestones.
- Analyze bids and recommend a general contractor within one week of receiving of bids.
- Search for and qualify new GC’s that fit within the Visionworks building program expectations, maintain registry.
- Ensure timely completion of pre-con activities (bidding/permitting/landlord approval/leasing/purchase orders, etc.).
- Ensure timely completion of construction activities (mobilization, material deliveries, inspections, approvals, etc.).
- Inform VP immediately of any incidents or developments that may threaten a project schedule.
- Post and share construction progress photos at least weekly with the VP and construction team.
- Take aggressive and proactive steps to reduce or eliminate change orders (goal is zero change orders).
- Deliver zero punch (100% complete including all items supplies by the construction and other departments) and certificate of occupancy prior to end of last week of construction; or remain on site until competed.
- Travel to each project for key milestones; space acceptance, MEP rough in, truck 1/fixturing, punch list, etc.
- Work with Construction Accounting Associate to maintain accurate records of construction costs.
- Follow up with GC for timely final payment; follow lease guidelines and secure tenant allowance.
- Follow up on warranty items after construction throughout the warranty period.
- Oversee large maintenance projects as assigned.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in architecture and engineering or related field or equivalent combination or experience and education
- Five (5) plus years of experience in retail construction or closely related field, full comprehension of construction documents, details and method essential, architectural background helpful.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and systems
What we offer!
At Visionworks, we offer a generous, competitive benefits package (for our part timers, too!) and exclusive employee discounts —including but not limited to Vision Coverage)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- 401 (k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time off
- Milestone anniversary awards
- Medical, Dental for Full Timers
- And more!
Everyone has a story that makes them who they are. At Visionworks, we’re looking for charismatic people who can lead authentically and with their own unique voice. We are actively committed to fostering an environment where all are seen and heard equally as we embrace Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I).
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail construction: 1 year (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Visionworks – 3.3
Company Location: San Antonio, TX