Construction Project Administrator Job at Metro Tech Consulting Services | Engineering – New York, NY
Project Description: W-32528 – Antenna Cable replacement, C-52161 – PID CCTV, C-52162 – PID CCTV, and other communications capital projects
Duration of Service Required: 52 Weeks.
Normal Work Week: Monday-Friday (weekends and nights when necessary)
Work Location: Field Office or 2 Broadway and work within the 5 Boroughs
Qualifications Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Administration, Public Administration, Engineering and Architecture
Experience Requirements: Minimum of ten (10) years of telecommunications-related experience in the field of communications systems and networking with a minimum of 2 (two) years in a managerial/supervisory capacity.
Special Skills/Training Requirements:
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
- Knowledge of radio communications engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of project management processes with practical experience in construction administration and field operations.
- Knowledge of project management software preferred.
- Proficiency in the English language with ability to clearly write and verbally communicate.
- Managerial/supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering guidelines, specifications, and standards of performance.
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong analytic problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities and ensure timely completion/closeout of assignments.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Description of Work:
- Assist Project CEO’s (Construction Manager) Office with high level supervisory and technical support services with the radio projects and various communications construction capital projects.
- Manage and direct field engineers and field activities as necessary.
- Work with Project CEO’s (Construction Manager) in managing the progress of capital projects by meeting project goals, attending project coordination meetings with stakeholders, and following up on action items.
- Manage the coordination of field visits, surveys, and inspections.
- Coordinate daily project management activities according to MTA C&D Project Management Procedure/Guidelines.
- Distribute daily work assignments.
- Review and approve Daily Inspection Reports.
- Ensure and enforce adherence to quality assurance and quality control.
- Ensure and enforce adherence to safety protocol.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Construction Manager.
Other Work Requirements:
- The consultant must attend a one-day NYCT Track safety training course that is required prior to participating in work on or near the track or wayside.
- The consultant will provide safety shoes, at no cost to NYCT, which meet NYCT guidelines and specifications before participating in work on or near the track or wayside.
- The consultant must have OSHA 30-hour certification prior to participating in work on or near the track or wayside.
Metro Tech Consulting Services | Engineering provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $101,333.00 per year
- Telecomunication: 10 years (Preferred)
- Construction management: 2 years (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Metro Tech Consulting Services | Engineering –
Company Location: New York, NY