Construction Site Health & Safety Officer Job at Emilcott Associates – Union, NJ
Since 1986, Emilcott has been at the forefront of the environmental, health, and safety industry. Our mission is to provide our clients, their employees, and the public with safe, sustainable, and productive environments.
Through better technology, highly trained and experienced staff, and tested processes, we help our clients improve their operations by reducing costs, risks, and hazards. Our high-quality EHS offerings include consulting services, comprehensive training programs, and proprietary technology. We tailor our offering according to each client’s needs and have developed a reputation for being one of the region’s best EHS providers.
Emilcott Associates is a mid-size firm with a dynamic crew of professional consultants who tackle a wide variety of project work. Our team includes CIHs, CSPs, CHMMs, PHDs, and ASPs, in addition to a robust technical staff. We have fun, and we work hard. By collaborating with and counting on each other, we have completed some exciting projects for our clients and continue to draw in new ones. But with all that great work, we also like to play hard and ensure all employees keep a healthy work-life balance.
Construction Site Health and Safety Officer: This is a mid-level role involving technical support, safety training, and business development. The Construction Site HSO is responsible for the enforcement of our clients’ Health and Safety Plans and for providing safety oversight and support to large-scale construction and remediation projects.
- Provide health and safety oversight on a variety of small-scale and large-scale environmental remediation and construction projects.
- Ensure the maximum safety performance and awareness of everyone associated with the project (laborers, contractors, vendors, etc.) by following and enforcing our clients’ Health and Safety Plan.
- Conduct accident and incident investigations using Incident Coordinator in SAFE-IM system.
- Work collaboratively with senior team members and client safety personnel to recognize and correct unsafe behavior and conditions on-site.
- Implement Contractor Safety Program by reviewing our client’s Job Hazard Analysis and Daily Pre-task Plan, conducting project and vendor audits, and delivering contractor safety orientations.
- Provide support and oversight, including routine audits and training to client’s Safe Work Permit Program.
- Generate and update daily activity reports.
The ideal candidate is a self-directed, results-oriented individual with a high level of enthusiasm, passion for the work, and the following qualifications:
- A positive, motivating attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work successfully with a diverse range of people
- 5-8 years of work experience in Construction and General Industry safety
- A current CIH, CSP, CHMM, or CPEA certification
- Current OSHA 40-hour and 30-hour certifications
- Experience performing regular safety inspections of sites and implementing corrective actions
- Experience in Emergency Response situations (injuries, spills, etc.).
- Experience training EHS topics, such as Lockout/Tagout, Fall Protection, Ladder Safety, Confined Space Entry, HazWoper Refresher, Site Supervisor, Biohazards & Bloodborne Pathogens, RCRA, Forklift, Electrical Safety, DOT/IATA, TSCA, Trenching & Excavation, SPP, SCBA, Emergency Spill Response Awareness, etc.
- Experience conducting PPE Assessments: Area Audits, Hazard Review and Communication, Machine/Robotic Guarding Assessments, etc.
- Understanding of safety and health laws, regulations, OSHA standards
- Computer skills – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Flexible days/hours to meet the needs as projects require
- Willing to travel (in and out of state)
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- A wiliness to work outdoors at all times of the year
- Ability to climb ladders, navigate crawl spaces, lift/carry up to 50 lbs. of equipment, and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass HAZWOPER physical and be able to wear respiratory protection
WHAT’S OFFERED IN RETURN
Emilcott Associates is an industry leader, and this allows us to attract and retain individuals with outstanding qualifications and industry expertise. We treat our people like family and honor every individual on our team. In our competitive compensation packages, we offer:
- Completive Salary, which will be commensurate with experience
- Performance-based annual discretionary bonus program
- Generous medical coverage for individuals and families
- Flexible spending plans for medical expenses and dependent care
- Retirement planning (401K)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional development and career advancement
EMILCOTT IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Safety: 5 years (Preferred)
- training EHS topics: 5 years (Preferred)
- OSHA 40 and OSHA 30 (Preferred)
- CIH, CSP, CHMM, or CPEA (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Emilcott Associates –
Company Location: Union, NJ