Field Supervisor – Industrial Construction & Automation Job at Sentry Electrical Group, Inc. – 3.5 Jacksonville, FL
***THIS IS A TRAVELLING ROLE – It requires extensive travel*** Job sites vary all over the USA. This position offers Per Diem of $100/day for those who qualify. Project will begin in _Jacksonville, FL____ and then travel to different locations, as needed.
We are looking to hire a hard-working field supervisor to manage the day-to-day field operations of their assigned work team. The field supervisor’s responsibilities include ordering equipment that is necessary for the project at hand, scheduling delivery of the equipment, and reviewing the equipment budget to ensure that there are no-cost overruns. They should also be able to train and mentor field staff. The successful candidate will have a proven working knowledge of the National Electrical Code specific to industrial applications, the ability to read and interpret electrical prints or drawings, and have a working knowledge on a wide variety of industrial electrical equipment (PLC’s, remote or flex I/O, VFDs, networking, safety circuits, etc.).
To be successful as a field supervisor, you should also be able to manage the work schedules of the field staff, adjusting them as needed. Ultimately, an outstanding field supervisor should be able to build good working relationships with customers and resolve customer complaints in a fast and efficient manner.
Field Supervisor Responsibilities: *
- Liaising with engineering and project management teams to ensure that the project design is accurate before work commences.
- Ordering and scheduling the delivery of all equipment needed for the project.
- Acting as the main point of communication between the main field and the office.
- Managing the work schedules and time cards for all field staff.
- Providing leadership to on-site staff, sub-contractors, and other parties.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints.
- Ensuring that safety policies are strictly adhered to.
- Reviewing project progress to ensure that deadlines are met.
Field Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in an industry-specific role is advantageous.
- Proven ability to read and interpret electrical prints and single line drawings
- Working knowledge on a wide variety of industrial electrical equipment (PLC’s, remote or flex I/O, VFDs, networking, safety circuits, etc.).
- A proven working knowledge of the National Electrical Code specific to industrial applications
- Proven experience in supervising field operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- The ability to work in different environmental conditions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound knowledge of contract terms and pricing.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurances
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurances
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- 401k with Match
- Hourly Rate – Commensurate with Experience. Per Diem of $100/day for those who qualify.
Sentry Electrical Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100.00 per day
About the Company
Company: Sentry Electrical Group, Inc. – 3.5
Company Location: Jacksonville, FL