General Manager Job at Manitoba Heavy Civil Contractor – Navin, MB
We are a growing large civil, heavy and earth moving progressive contractor in Manitoba. We are seeking an addition to our team as a General Manager & Vice President – Operations
Reporting into the Owner, the General Manager will be responsible for informing, supporting and implementing the strategy to grow and enhance our operational capabilities within the organization. These responsibilities include leading a profitable project profile, while attaining goals related to Safety, Quality, Talent, and Growth.
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow and enhance the company
- Develops effective working relationships with clients to deliver world class construction solutions, drive repeat or new business and ensure issues/ conflicts are resolved.
- Review and assure work proposals and final submissions on identified priority projects.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing planning and scheduling on all projects to ensure that projects are constructed in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner
- Ensure all projects are adequately staffed with the appropriate resources
- Accountable for the development and execution of the annual budget
- Responsible for the hiring, developing, and retaining the strongest talent within the industry, Responsible to ensure strong people practices are followed and turnover is low.
- Actively participate in Project and/or Risk Review meetings to ensure relevant issues are identified and resolved
- Continuously monitor the organizational structures within the group to ensure optimal performance and delivery of results
- Assist in the establishment and ensure compliance of operational short-term and long-term goals which are aligned to overall corporate objectives
- Communicate with employees about the company plans and progress and drive performance toward agreed upon expectations
- Accountable for strong safety performance
- Accountable for monitoring strong project controls practices within the company and ensuring operational performance issues are proactively managed and mitigated
- Works closely with finance and operational management teams to review forecasting metrics, manage cash flow, working capital, and other critical financial metrics regularly. Anticipates and mitigates issues.
- Works to develop new business within existing markets. Collaborates with internal operational teams to maximize multi-disciplinary construction opportunities
- Ensures high quality standards are in place in all operations
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of fifteen years of progressive experience in heavy construction or a related industry.
- Engineering (or related) post-secondary Degree
- Professional Engineering designation or related designation is an asset but not required
- Experience managing a profit/loss center and managing top and bottom line financial performance
- Experience in large, complex, and diverse operating environments. Ability to demonstrate strong personal performance and ability to oversee complex project execution
- Experience in negotiation and demonstrated strong dispute resolution skills
- Understanding of applicable legislative and licensing requirements
- Experience effectively leading complex, multi-facet teams
- Experience developing new business with demonstrated growth in new or existing markets
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging industry and market trends
- Experience with due diligence and integration activities for mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Experience with complex legal concepts related to construction contract law
- Demonstrated success working government stakeholders at every level
Please submit your resume and cover letter on indeed.
Expected start date: 2022-01-17
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$200,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- management: 10 years (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Manitoba Heavy Civil Contractor –
Company Location: Navin, MB