President_ Construction-Oil & Gas Job at dprmcham – San Antonio, TX
Full-timeEstimated: $120,000 – $160,000 a year5 hours ago
- Time management
- Commercial construction
- Communication skills
- Construction management
- Business development
- Bachelor’s degree
Full Job Description
The President is responsible for leadership and management of the construction and oil/gas divisions to ensure that projects are completed efficiently, effectively, and on budget. This position provides day-to-day leadership and management of staff that serve the overall strategic vision and goals of the company. Additionally, the position develops and enforces policies and procedures, mentors subordinates, as well as cultivate and maintain productive relationships with Clients, Architects, Engineers, and Subcontractors in both Pre-Construction and Operations Phases. The incumbent must be solution-oriented, proactive, and have an organized, logical approach to thinking through issues and challenges.
- Assist the Business Development professionals in identifying, vetting and pursuing new business opportunities, ensuring alignment with the company’s strategic focus.
- Interface with potential and current clients to build relationships and promote new business, seeking repeat opportunities.
- Lead the estimating process in developing complete bid packages including qualification materials, project estimates, bid schedules and proposals.
- Manage all profit to coordinate optimal utilization of assets and resources.
- Manage the estimating schedule and workload.
- Lead the pursuit of clients and post-bid negotiations in order to secure new work.
- Collaborate and serve as liaison with local and state government officials as required.
- Initiate Kickoff meetings.
- Ensure a smooth transition from the estimate to field mobilization.
- Guide both project management and field personnel in proper planning, subcontractor selection and execution of the work.
- Monitor progress of each project and make adjustments as needed to keep the projects on track for success.
- Keep in touch with clients to ensure their overall satisfaction with the Company’s performance and build lasting relationships to ensure future repeat business.
- Track the performance of individual projects based on cost and schedule and make the necessary alterations.
- Monitor and prevent major cost and schedule impacts.
- Communicate and implement necessary changed conditions to protect the company from liability and our clients form unnecessary expenses.
- Commercial Construction
- Government Contracting
- Working knowledge of the design and consulting business, material properties, TxDOT specifications and contract administration practices
- Prior design/build and field operations experience
- Ability to build relationships with engineers, contractors and government leaders
- Track record of developing high performing teams through mentoring, accountability and feedback
- Ability to effectively influence in a cross-functional environment
- Substantial experience on large scale heavy civil projects (bridges, roads, highways, rail etc.) Experience in multiple procurement methodologies (design-build, design-bid-build or construction management general contracting (CM/GC)
- Previous end-to-end heavy civil construction experience on large scale design-build projects
- Oil/gas field services experience a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction Management or related field
- 10+ years of experience in construction project management and business development
- Ability to read plans and execute projects
- Excellent Time Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing 25M+ commercial, government construction business
- Previous supervisory and staff development
- Ability to accept direction
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships
From: DPR Investments
About the Company
Company: dprmcham –
Company Location: San Antonio, TX