Public Works Assistant Project Manager/Construction Manager Job at Ardurra – Los Angeles, CA
Requisition ID # A000595
Ardurra has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. Ardurra prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in the engineering consulting business, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities. Ardurra was ranked #8 on Zweig Group’s prestigious Hot Firms List and #23 on its Best Firms to Work For in 2020!
Ardurra is seeking an Assistant Project Manager / Assistant Construction Manager to join our Public Works / Project and Construction Management Group in Los Angeles, CA.
Ideal candidates will have previous experience in public capital projects, assisting project / construction management professionals to oversee construction contractors and to collaborate with project delivery teams for the successful completion of public infrastructure and facilities. Strong written and verbal communications skills and Knowledge of, and ability to interpret, engineered construction plans and details, technical specifications, contract requirements, engineering drawings, are critical requirements of the position. Competency in cost estimating and scheduling is desirable.
- Responsibilities will include assisting to observe that the work is completed in general accordance with the drawings and specifications, daily field reporting, tracking contractor’s installed quantities, witnessing tests, documenting test results and serving as liaison between engineer and contractor.
- Review, logging and processing of Requests for Information (RFIs), submittals, change order proposals, Critical Path Method Schedules, general correspondence, payment applications, and other related construction administration activities.
- Typical projects involve the construction of public infrastructure and facilities using various construction methods.
- Qualified candidates may work on one or more projects simultaneously, located in the Los Angeles area.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Construction Management related coursework / certifications, EIT and/or CMIT preferred. Other related degrees and/or educational achievements may be considered with relevant experience.
- 3-5 years in the Construction field or Project / Construction Management Services.
- Familiarization with local municipalities.
- ACAD a plus but not a requirement.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- CPM scheduling and cost estimating desirable.
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We’re not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.
Requisition ID # A000595
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Ardurra –
Company Location: Los Angeles, CA