Residential Construction Estimator Job at LIDA Homes – Victoria, BC
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR
· Are you a self-driven, organized, team oriented, construction estimator that loves residential construction?
· Do you thrive in a fast paced, ever changing work environment and have a track record of getting results through planning and execution?
· Would you like to join a Rockstar team that values being real, embracing the journey, and genuinely caring about people?
If you answered “YES” to the above, read on!
Who we are:
We are an award-winning residential construction company that partners with our clients to create amazing spaces that meets their needs. We do this by providing unwavering commitment to our company culture and core values which are:
· We are COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE in all that that we do.
· We always DO WHAT WE SAY WE ARE GOING TO DO.
· We are the ultimate TEAM PLAYERS for our clients and team-mates.
· We have a SERVICE MINDSET.
And our Core Focus: “Making Dreams a Reality by Constructing Beautiful Homes, While Serving our Clients on Budget and on Schedule.”
As a Residential Construction Estimator, you will be responsible for all rough order of magnitude estimates, specification building, and hard bid estimates in cooperation with the interior design team. The Construction Estimator reports to the Pre-Construction Manager.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develop high-level budgets using preliminary design documents.
- Review construction documents to develop an understanding of scope requirements and prepare notional estimates, rough order of magnitude estimates, and hard bid estimates.
- Perform detailed quantity takeoffs, specifications, and tender proposals
- Tender construct specifications for hard bidding from our trade partners.
- Develop a preliminary construction schedule using labour calculations.
- Quantify General Construction requirements such as equipment rental.
- Attend design-assist meetings and provide feedback to improve the design or constructability of projects.
- Ability to understand construction details.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Review contracts to ensure the scope of work match proposals.
- Attend tender award meetings and contribute to the successful award of contracts.
- Chair handover meetings between Estimating department and Construction Operations.
- Minimum 1-5 years of proven residential construction estimating experience in custom homes, renovations and/or multifamily homes.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Estimating or building technology education or background.
- Experience with Project Management Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and estimate takeoff software such as Planswift, Takeoff or Bluebeam.
- Experience or understanding of construction contract language is a plus.
ESTIMATOR COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
· RRSP matching.
· Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan dependent on company yearly performance.
· Paid vacation dependent on experience.
· Paid Xmas break vacation.
· Excellent Health and Dental benefits plan, life insurance, AD&D, LTD.
· Professional and career development opportunities.
We ask all interested applicants to submit a resume and detailed project list for consideration to the attention of Dave Stephens. Project lists should include the size, scope and date of project, along with a clear indication of the responsibilities held.
We will only accept applications that meet the above requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Estimating: 1 year (required)
About the Company
Company: LIDA Homes –
Company Location: Victoria, BC